November 13, 2011

Happy November!!

HELLO!!!!!!
How is everyone!!!!! I am so excited to report to you of my week! We had six people at church yesterday. And let me tell you it was NOT easy! We had 3 different cars bring them all to church. We had four members of the family of ten that we are teaching!! They loved it. But this is what went down to get them there. We almost didn't get the Sims to church. We felt we needed to go over there Saturday night and meet with them. They told us that they weren't going come. . The kids told us this. So we waited at the door for the mom to come. We talked to her and found out that some lady from their 7th day church came over and talked or I should say scared them out of coming to church. Good thing we went over. . . We prayed with them and they came to the conclusion that they didn't need to listen to anyone but God and they still wanted to come. We walked over there Sunday morning and waited for the ward members to come to pick them up. THREE CARS!!!! Ha-ha it only took two though :-) We were so happy. We also had another girl come and she brought her friend. So six total! The ward helped us so much. We also teach the people who are humble, meek, prepared and have no cars :-) The Lord wants to bless the ward members. Soon enough we will be teaching their friends. 

Well.... I didn't get to play with my zone on Halloween- We actually don’t get Zone P-days. . Sad but it is okay. Kevin getting a nice raspberry. . I want to tell you my story. Our apt is floor level which means that we get roaches a lot. The other night. .can't remember what night, we had another roach. It was a bugger. We were chasing it, trying to kill it. It ran into OUR ROOM!!! "Oh no you don’t!" Sis Ploth had the broom...  I had a heavy flashlight. Hahaha I dove for the roach and got a nice carpet burn on both knees. I was not going to sleep with the nasty thing in my room.... especially under MY BED! That is one thing we wish we could have videoed on our camera. Classic it was so fun. We couldn't stop Laughing. 
Our Recent convert, Wes was confirmed a member of the church yesterday. It was special. The spirit for sure was there. 

We had Zone conference on Tuesday and it was excellent. I learned so much. I love Elder Gibbons- the area 70 come. We learned how to work with members. I gave a talk. There were Three Zones in attendance. It was so nerve racking but I got through the talk. I felt privileged to have spoken. First Sister AP here I come. . Lol just kidding. Beware of Pride! Ha-ha the Spirit is real and is the real teacher. I am learning lots from my Heavenly Father and feel His love every day. This is the last week in the transfer. Our companionship will be changing. We find out in one week from today who is leaving out of me or Sis Reynolds. (We think it is her)

The rest of our gators are doing wonderful! We have set high goals this week for us. Go big or go home. . . Relying on the spirit to help us reach what we felt inspired to set!

I love you all so much. Thank you for your support, love and prayers! I love it so keep them coming!!
XOXOXOX

 Sister Shannon Durr


No comments: