August 13, 2012

August 6, 2012


Okay Family:

 Here I am! So much to report on . . .

 We set four baptism dates this past week. With Hector, Josh, Bee and Jojo. All member referrals. So legit! It was an awesome LONG week of finding, being stood up, getting caught in the rain, wonderful thunder and lighting, setting baptism dates and driving a lot. Monday night brought forth lots of fun and laughter. . a dog. . of a guy that we were talking to pee'd on me. Yup sprayed all over my FOOT!!! It took my all to not LAUGH while still talking to him. Sister Staley and I were dying when we biked off . . haha he was an hispanic guy so we gave his 411 to the spanish elders. We have been working with them alot this past week cus we are teaching someone that they gave us. We have taught alot of people that we contacted on the street. It was awesome!

 One thing that I learned this week from my wonderful companion "It takes the Elect to find the Elect." I love it!

 Here is a cool lesson that took place this week. Travis. We have taught him twice. He was struggling with a lot of things right now in his life but he is wanting to get baptized and make promises with Heavenly Father. The second lesson that we had it was so powerful. We needed to teach him the Law of Chasity, but how we were to do it we weren't sure how. We prayed so hard during the first couple of minutes. He wanted to read from the Book of Mormon with us so we were reading 1 Nephi 4. . I think. . how was it going to come up. . . The door opened, the spirit guided this whole lesson! I wish you all could have been in the room. It was incredible. We acted on the first impression to teach him this Law so he can really start repenting. Sister Staley and I were talking about it after. We learned that she was praying so hard for one of us to speak up. She knew that it was  going to be me. . No messing around! No beating around the bush. It was AMAZING to feel the spirit teach through us on how this young man can change his life and get closer to God!!! INCREDIBLE!!!!

I love being a missionary. I love being lead by the Holy Ghost. Teaching the things as moved on by the spirit. It is out of this world! I wish I had more time to tell you more things but this is all she wrote! I Love you all sooo Much!
P.S. I read Doctrine and Covenants 26 today! EEEKK


Same plates as you! Right on!
Temple Service On Wednesday Aug 1, 2010
Description: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif


-- 


 Sister Shannon Durr

No comments: