Hello Family!
Should I tell you about Transfers... or should I tell you about the awesome week that I had and make you wait till the end of the email? Hummm. . . well. . . most of you will probably just scroll to the end of the email to find out about transfers anyways so I will just start there.
I am being transferred. . And I am getting a new companion. I am going to a whole new place. I have been in the Orlando Zone my whole mission so the fact that I am leaving it is WEIRD!!! I am going to the DeLand Zone. Serving in the Daytona North area, I will be serving with Sister Lima. She is from Brazil. WAY COOL! I am excited and scared at the same time. I don’t know what to think and so I am not sure if I should cry or smile. . Perhaps a little of both! But tears seem to be hitting my eye balls as I write this. What the Heck!
As for the week. Ups and downs but we made strides. For the investigators . . .
Bernard dropped us. We think everything with his wife has gotten too deep, therefore resulting in not wanting to see us. Allison went to Vegas for the week and we haven't been able to get to see her, but we have been teaching a young girl- Ashley- She is incredible! She has been upset with God for taking her mom away from her a year and a half ago, but as we met with her, she gained the confidence and desire to pray to Him. We gave her a goal to pray before our next visit and that she did. She was a completely different person when we went back. The light in her shown and she was so happy! She described her experience as "a burden had been lifted off her chest." I know that prayer will do that. That communicating with our Father in Heaven will help us through anything. Carmen- well- Let’s say I have two new zits on my face due to the stress of helping her get through her hardships. She won’t be getting baptized soon because she is too stressed out about everything that is going on in her life. She has faith but doesn't know that she needs to work. We also saw Yancy this past week. He wants to take us to a magic game- ha-ha but of course we won’t be able to. He is doing well. We picked up a couple new gators this week. Incredible people who are ready for the gospel. Kim being one of them. In her lesson I told her of the first vision. The spirit was so powerful, you could cut it with a knife. We were all in tears and she was grinning from ear to ear. We have been teaching this crazy Russian lady. . Insane but asks so many good questions. We taught two new people yesterday after church. One is David- and he has been looking for the right church- looking and looking and a member invited him to listen to the missionaries. He was swallowing everything that was being fed to him. He will get baptized for sure! Then there is young man who has been coming to church with the Stake Presidents family. We taught him in their home after a delicious dinner. He wants to join the church and "go on a mission to tell everyone about the Mormon Church" his words. So awesome!
This week was wonderful and I am so grateful that I was able to serve her for the 4 months that I was here. There is still so much work to be done. Sister Ploth will be serving with Sis Christensen, my former companion. There are going to do wonders here!
I am looking forward to be serving with Sister Lima. A foreign companion is going to be rockin!!
I love you all so much and can't wait to hear from you all. Please send all mail to the mission office so it will be sent to my new place of residence.
Sister Shannon Durr
No comments:
Post a Comment