July 5, 2011

Happy 4th!!

Hello EVERYONE!!
 How was every ones' 4TH??? Mine was so awesome and so much fun!! Filled with BBQ's and Fireworks. . yes don't forget the teaching a lesson in between! This past week was an interesting one. We had over 16 lesson planned. Ten of them fell through. We did A LOT of finding this week. We found some pretty sweet people. One of them is Mark- He came to church the next day without us even teaching him yet. He loved it! We taught him after church and accepted a baptism date for July 31! Prepared by the Lord, wouldn't you say! We are teaching some awesome people as well. Lex- who came to church for the first time loved it as well. He is so proper and polite- he received lots of inspiration and loved all the ward members! We are still teaching Matthew and getting him ready for baptism- Him and Lex are getting baptized on the same day! They are both excited for the new chapter in their life! Two people that we had appointments with- were home but only wanted to Book of Mormon I quote "Where is the book?" upon them opening the door "In our backpack." "Can I have it?" "Can we come in a teach you a little bit about it?" "No I just want the book." They wouldn't even let us teach them! hahaha I love the people here.
 This past Sunday our recent convert was talking to an investigator- giving them the DL on us Sisters and how blessed he is to have us teaching him. I quote again "Sister Christensen is hard, don't let her fool you though she can be soft on the inside- like an M&M" someone standing near by says "Well if Sister Christensen is an M&M, what is Sister Durr?" he said "Sister Durr is a peep. She is sweet an soft through and through." I died laughing!!! This is really how our companionship is. She is the hard- tough one, and I am the soft one- the one that smooth things over. hahahaha
We had an awesome week, and an awesome 4th of July, I am really blessed to be serving in this area! One story I do want to share to close. We were teaching Manuel, he is still struggling with letting his heart and mind be on the same page. We were trying to help him, and address his concerns. At one moment I was testifying to him. I am not sure What I said before but then all of the sudden I was saying "As a servant of our Savior Jesus Christ, I promise you that you will be blessed when you read the Book of Mormon." Now those words can be said all the time, and to you they are just words on the computer screen, but let me tell you. I was caught off guard, I knew what I was saying was TRUE, I felt the spirit confirm the blessing and promise, it was so powerful! I know this is the Lord's work, I couldn't do it without Him. I am His servant and I speak His words! I am doing His work and blessing His children here in College Park Area. Alma 26:11-12
 I love you all so much and hope that you are all doing well and are happy! Transfer calls are this Saturday, pray that I stay here :-) lol I will go where the Lord wants me to go!!!  You will hear from me again on Monday. The pictures are of last night and all the fun we had.

 Sister Shannon Durr

No comments: