GOOD MORNING!!
How is everyone doing!? I hope so good. The weather is warming up and back to normal now :-) thank goodness!
This week has been really good.The area is good. Still a little dry but we are going out of our norm and looking for other finding opportunities. Like this past week, Sister Ploth and I had an adventure and road the BUS to a lesson! it was so much fun and intimidating but we talked to some really cool people, we got a potential for the Spanish Elders (Kevin you would love serving with me!). We look forward to do it again when we have the time. It was fun to see and talk to all those people who can't run away from us! ha ha Yesterday after church we knocked on a door of an inactive- the wife threatened to call the cops on us! really!! ha ha we were/are so innocent. Who would want to call the cops on us? The first thing I said as we walked away from the house was "DO IT!" lol
Our investigators are wonderful! Allison came to church for the first time yesterday! She brought her 13 yr old son and three little girls. We got a text from her last night telling us that her husband James, is becoming more interested in listening to us and even has been thinking about coming to church with them this weekend. That made her so happy! and of course, us too! The Lord is really blessing them and the coolest thing is that she can see the blessings!!
Yancy-the New Yorker is still doing good. He was unable to come to church yesterday but we are still in contact with him.
DJ- was confirmed a member of the church yesterday as well. He is so cool! A real change, he was happy before but he is SO HAPPY now!!! Yesterday while we were sitting in class we got pulled out by a member, to meet a guy who just moved her from Long Island New York and is looking for a Church. He had been driving around and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was the first one he saw. He is the coolest guy! We talked to him a little and found out where he lives. He lives in the neighboring ward, so we introduced him to the Elders we share the building with, I have a testimony that when we as missionaries are exactly obedient and work hard the Lord will let people fall in your lab! We were so excited for the Elders that they get to teach him, they have been working hard to find those people. Tender mercy from the Lord and it motivates us even more to keep working hard and do everything we know. I had to share that even though it didn't happen to us.
Dad- How was your birthday? I hope it was great, I sure do love you!
Invitation: EVERYONE. . . Please watch the YouTube video "Missionary Work and the Atonement." By President Eyring and Elder Holland. You will LOVE IT! Report to me what you thought of it and how you felt. I love it so much I wish I could get that clip on a DVD, so I can have it with me forever, hint hint if anyone knows how to do that. . . send it asap. . it is legit!
I love you all so much and hope that you have a great week filled with tender mercies, missionary opportunities, service and love for all of God's children around you! I hope to hear from those that I haven't heard from in a while. I would love it!
Sister Shannon Durr
1 comment:
Miss you Shan. I love hearing your stories, they are so wonderful and uplifting. I always feel happier after coming to your blog. I watched the entire video, it is so beautiful too. Miss you, I can't believe it's almost been 1 year. that is nuts!!
Post a Comment