January 17, 2012

HELLO!! 

 Guess what? Exactly 11 months ago TODAY I entered the MTC. Do you know what that means? No? I'm trunky! hahahahah NOT!!!!!! NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS! Just last night President Hall called me. . asking me if I am planning on going to school. . . and which one so he can get me home in time. what the- already looking upstream. WEIRD! Can you believe it? I sure can't. This past week has been super grand. There was so much that had happened that I am not sure what to tell you all about. It feels like nothing happened.

 How about an update on everyone we are teaching: 
Allison is doing great! and her son Andrew. We see them this week. She is amazing, they didn't make it to church- sadness. Yancy Torres we are still teaching. this week we get him into a member's home. We picked up some AMAZING people this past week! Like Carmen and Juan. Mother and Son. These are the ones Sister Ploth knew this past summer. Carmen told us the other day that she "Wants to get baptized next month." I think we can do that. Juan is much slower but he will come to know as well that this church is true. Jerry we aren't teaching anymore. He isn't progressing. There is also Kimberly. She has meet with missionaries before Years ago, and is now in a good spot to listen to us and this message. The teaching pool is small but nothing to complain about. The Lord is blessing us so much! He is blessing this area and all the ward members. 
 I have so much to be grateful for. I know that this church is true and all the teachings are pure and can help us in our life. I love this work even though it is hard. There are reasons to smile every single day even when that dumb alarm goes off at 6:30AM. I love getting up once I am awake and look forward to seeing the Lord's hand and all the love that He has for His children here in Florida. The weather is cold. I didn't take off my jacket once while at church yesterday. . . FREEZING! hahaha
 I love you all so much and hope that you will have a great week filled with lots of missionaries moments! I would love to hear from all you.
Sorry this is short!


 Sister Shannon Durr

No comments: