January 5, 2012

Hello My Dear Family!
What I was doing on New Year's Eve

 I bring great tidings of good news from Orlando Florida. P.S. IT IS 
FREEZING TODAY!! We biked to the Library- There is nothing like wearing a scarf and gloves and tights and two jackets! O boy! And the wind doesn't help even though the sun is out. There is so much to share with you I am not even sure where to begin. . There has been a big difference in positive attitudes. Sister Ploth and I feel more support in our leaders than ever before. And it is helping with our attitude in this work. It was always a goal to stay positive but when others around you are positive it helps so much. We have seen miracles! And a change in attitude is one of them. 

 DJ was baptized on Jan 1, 2012. He was being taught since August. It was a spectacular baptism. It is the greatest sight when a Child of God makes a promise with our Creator. Church is now at 9:00AM (no difference for us) but we thought this would be a challenge to get investigators to church, but this Sunday proved our thoughts to be wrong, as there were four gators there. We hope this will stay normal.
Nancy our New Yorker friend came to church. Cool Experience with him. We went on a temple tour last Wednesday. We had invited Nancy to come with us. He declined due to boxing lessons that he is taking. A couple of hours before the time to leave for the tour he called us and told us that he can go to his lesson's another time and would like to come. We later learned that night the whole story. He has always wanted to go see a temple, and God told him Tuesday night that he needed to go with us. He is set to be baptized on Jan. 15, 2012. We are teaching an 84 yr. old women. Nancy. She is so sweet we love her. She was found by the missionaries in 2005, we started teaching her this past week. There are positive signs with her. We shall see though. Pray for us.

We are teaching a 19 yr. old boy with autism. Raschene, this is a new experience. Not much to report on that, other than there is MANY ways to teach to people’s needs.
 Allison is stellar! She and her 12 year old son accepted baptism for the 29 of Jan, but we know that she is going to be ready on the 22- that is what the spirit keep's telling us. I love this family! She is the one that reminds me of Sarah Hall, She is going to be a R.S. President one day. And Andrew is the funniest kid. Last night we were teaching them and I turned to Andrew and asked him if he wanted to be baptized with his mom. He goes "I was already baptized." I said "You want to be baptized the right way?" He goes "Yeah! Sure!!" then turns to his mom and goes "Mom! YOU WANNA BE BAPTIZED THE RIGHT WAY?!" hahaha we laughed so hard. It was so funny. I love this kid. He is going to do big things in this church. We love seeing this family!

 I hope that everyone is doing well. I think about you all often and pray for you even more. Thank you for all your support and prayers. Keep finding ways to share the gospel with those around you.

My invitation to EVERYONE who reads my emails. This year the Book of Mormon is being taught in Church. At the end of each lesson there are suggestions for Family Discussions.  In lesson 2 for this next week’s lesson it says:
     “Talk about why you are thankful to have the scriptures.  Then ask family members to make a list of friends who do not have copies of the Book of Mormon.  Prayerfully consider ways to give copies of the Book of Mormon to some or all of these people.”

The Pray for these people and them GIVE them the Book of Mormon. If it has blessed your life say "I" not GO SHARE it with someone on that list!!!! DO IT and YOUR COOL! I am going to ask you all next week how that went. . .

I love you all so much and hope that the spirit of Christ stays in your heart all week long!
  Sister Shannon Durr

No comments: