HELLO FAMILY!!
This week was out of this world! Leadership training proved to be a great blessing as I was blessed to receive revelation for our gators here in Daytona. Plus it was a lot of fun to be surrounded by President, the elders with a few selected sisters. I got to spend my year mark here in Florida in my "birth" place. College Park. That was SO MUCH FUN!!! Did I mention in a few emails back that I thought I got bit by fleas?? Well the spots on my back where spreading and getting worse. I showed sister hall at leadership, Friday morning I went into the dermatologist and the conclusion was Shingles. REALLY!!! Hahaha if you don’t know what it is look it up. It is a form chicken pox and breaks out due to stress. $102.00 dollars later (GAG!!) on meds it is clearing up and looking so much better! Ha-ha wowzers that was my fun for the past two weeks of the "flea bites!" hahaha
This week was wonderful! More of this weekend there were so many miracles! Frist of all. Last night we had dinner with Bishop and his wife. We told him of the miracles that has been happening for us and the Elders. It was the role play from leadership! It was so cool!!!! And it went so well. The Bishop and his wife have set a goal to have their neighbors in their home from dinner. We will be following up with them in 2 weeks. It was INCREDIBLE!!! We have built his faith a little bit more and the work here in Daytona can only go up! One miracle. We have been visiting an older woman in the ward. She was telling us about this thing that happens every Sunday in her community club house where an old man will play his guitar and sing old hymns. We went yesterday after church. We sat with her. But when we walked into the room everything/everyone seem to light up. They even let us pick a hymn and sang it. "Count your many Blessings." We met everyone there and even found a woman who is a member of the church and had been praying for someone to find her. We were supposed to be there. At the end they let anyone who felt bare testimony. . . Yes, you better believe we spoke up! It was amazing to be there and to help others feel of the spirit. They all want us back this upcoming Sunday.
We saw Cecil and Rose last night. Rose finished the Book of Mormon. We were guided by the spirit and knew that She knows it is true and she is being guided and receiving her answers. We are here to help her recognize them. It was one of the best lessons we have had with them. We hope to have them set a baptism goal this week! After asking them every time we are there, that is always what we are lead to and what their response is to the doctrine.
I am so thankful for the revelation that was received this past week. One thing that I did want to share with that I learned this morning. Constantly going back to what I learned in leadership, and with what I read today in the Book of Mormon. Moroni 8:16,21. Mormon understood his purpose. But what lead up to his boldness, Moroni 8:7- he went to the Lord and the spirit taught him. Therefore he knows that he needed to be bold. When we are taught by the spirit, we should not fear to be bold. Once we understand that we are authorized we can be bold, and we can teach what the Lord has commanded us to. It was really cool to get a scriptural example of what we should be like and what we should not shy away from. Mom and dad I could hear you this morning saying this to me Moroni 8:2-3.
I am out of time but please know that I love you all and you are always in my prayers!!! HUG AND KISSES to everyone!
Pic: One year in Florida- in front of my first home. College Park. March 8, 2012
Sister Shannon Durr
No comments:
Post a Comment